Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'd like to go there in December because it seems like the only time I'll be able to this year. I'm wondering if anybody has been there in December and what your experience was.

Also what do you recommend?
How much clothing should I wear?
Anything will help.
Thanks =)|||I've been to Zion in December and January. I saw only a little snow on the ground. It would be a good idea for you to wear jeans, long-sleeve shirt, jacket, and gloves. It's often in the 30's to the 50's F that time of year. I'm from the Chicago area, so that's not very cold to me. I don't where you're from, so you may think that's cold or not. Also, wear some good walking shoes. It's a great time of year to visit the park because it's not overcrowded with tourists. Make sure to visit the Visitor Center before you explore Zion. They have maps and plenty of information on the park. Stick to the lower elevations to avoid the big snow areas. The Sand Bench and Watchman Trails are fine to hike in the winter.

I stayed in St. George, Utah while I was exploring Zion National Park.|||Pack a +20 bag
Wear a Gore-tex shell parka
Pile under that
Polypro under that
Wear high quality sunglasses
Expect snow above 6000'
Forget about doing the Narrows
Figure the bottom of the Zion Canyon at 4000' and the top at 7000'
Give the NPS back country office a call for more specifics
http://www.nps.gov/zion/planyourvisit/we鈥?/a>
Have fun

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment