Saturday, March 3, 2012

I was driving an isolated mountain road near Zion National Park and my Tom Tom gps told me to make a right turn 100 feet ahead, that would have taken me flying off a killer of a cliff. Thank the lord it was day light. Maybe I could sue them. It was an English lady announcing the driving prompts, maybe she doesn't like Americans.|||Looks like you have a problem, my friend......|||i dont think you could sue them|||It may be a good idea to inform them so no one else gets that instruction. Skipping the legal technicalities of not reporting a dangerous situation, it would be the humane thing to do.|||Actually, Tom Tom's have done this in the past.
Here is some news links:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_w鈥?/a>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derby鈥?/a>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar鈥?/a>
^ Three different stories.

It has happened to me also, although it wasn't as dangerous as yours - the sat nav directed me to some sort of eerie looking un-used warehouse in Leeds in the middle of the night! I was terrified ( it was very dark and very spooky ) I then decided to go back to the good old fashioned maps!
You probably won't be able to sue them either.|||GPS systems available for people are only as good as the information put into the system. The satilite then locates via the stored mapping program your tomtom has. It could be that the map has been incorrect for years. These companies making the gps for car travel do not write these maps but buy them form the most updated source. Hence, source is incorrect.

Can you sue? I doubt it. Always check your route before you depart on a map, especially if you do not know the area. This way, you will have a good idea on the directions you receive via your gps device.

Also....not a live person speaking to you, only computer generated program and you can change the voice to a mans easily enough.|||i have heard that tom tom only likes certain types of cars and people, did you read the fine print there laywers will ask that.|||Get a GARMIN and you won't have that problem|||This has happened to me before and what you need to do once a month if you use it a lot is reset the unit and all will be fine.

Good luck|||I think you need to learn to read a map, and throw away the GPS.

火车采集器
  • vin number
  • gogos crazy bones
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment