Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm a Mormon and recently I was told not to talk about the "Lost Boys" who have been thrown out of the Fundamentalist Mormon Church in Colorado City, Arizona by elders in my church because it makes us (regular Mormons) look bad. I really got yelled at and so did my Dad because I asked about the "Lost Boys" I heard about when we visited Utah this summer and went to Zion National Park. It is like Mormons are embarrassed by the FLDS, Warren Jeffs and these "Lost Boys" (if this is true).

One thing is that when I was in Utah it was like .
The church says that there is only like 30 something percent Mormons in Utah but I've been to Utah and I know that's a lie and over the internet I hear as high as 70 percents.|||I depends on where in Utah. In Salt Lake City and other urban areas, the percentage is quite low, and small towns tend to be almost exclusively Mormon.

I'll see if I can find a source for you.

Edit: I found the following article, but it's a couple of years old:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2886596
It says that the Mormon population is steadily decreasing in Utah, so keep that in mind when you check out the map I found from 2000:
http://www.valpo.edu/geomet/pics/geo200/鈥?/a>
I know I've seen a more recent one, but I couldn't find it again; sorry.|||According to the SLC Tribune, in an article about the declining religion, its around 80% statewide, but only 40% in Salt Lake City.

Mormons are embarassed by FLDS because they DO give LDS a bad name. Sadly, the rest of the world is not smart enough to make the disctinction between the 2 churches, so they lump them into 1.|||Yeah I think 30% is low, it is much higher (think about it they control even the liquor laws up there.) I don't know why they would have a prob with you asking about the lost boys. All I know is both LDS and FLDS are cults, with LDS not currently practicing polygamy but believing it will happen in heaven.|||You're a troll...and probably not Mormon. As for Warren Jeffs, and The FLDS and the lost boys I don't really care...funny you made your name today....troll style...As for the LDS population in Utah 60% is the estimate now a days.|||I think that if I were in Utah, I'd be one of those working to help those poor boys.

Talk about your animalistic behaviour! |||Too many.|||Bro, you are not making much sense.

gw|||let me understand you correctly: you were yelled at by elders in your church for asking about the lost boys? my thinks you're trying to pull someone's leg. As a real 'Mormon' boy would not be yelled at by 'elders' and we refer to our churches by wards and branches....

I am LDS and live near Colorado City. We have no problem discussing the 'Lost Boys' and efforts to support their integration into mainstream society. Anyone who visits the area quickly sees the obvious differences between LDS and FLDS. The only people who struggle with the difference are those who have nothing to compare and do not take the time to educate themselves.|||Yes, they relate all that stuff to mormons. It depends on the city.

Percentage of Mormons in Utah dips


By AP Wire Services
11/24/2007


SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Residents of Utah who belong to the Mormon church make up 60.7 percent of the state's population, the lowest share ever.

The percentage has declined every year for nearly two decades, according to membership numbers supplied by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The numbers, along with statistics from school districts, the Internal Revenue Service and other sources, helped state officials last week when they estimated Utah's population at 2.69 million, as of July.

If the trend holds, Mormons will make up less than half of Utah's population by 2030.

The state gained more than 84,000 residents between the summers of 2006 and 2007, about half of them transplants.

Utah "will always be a dominant center for that religion. That is not going to change," said Pam Perlich, a demographer at the University of Utah.

The Mormon church, headquartered in Salt Lake City, declined to comment on the trend.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment