Friday, March 9, 2012

I will be studying abroad in Brazil for a year (from July 2009-July 2010) but I cannot purchase airfare more than 330 days in advance. And in order to obtain a visa for my study abroad experience, I have to show them my flight itinerary so I cannot just buy a one way ticket and then book another flight back to the US when the time comes. Does anybody know how I can find airfare that has a free date change?

So for example, if i purchase tickets to Brazil now for July 25th-March 6th--I can change the date from March 6th, 2010 to July 25th, 2010.

I just want to avoid the costly fees that come with flight changes (which can be pretty hefty...)

I have checked STA travel and Student Universe, but I don't believe STA travel offers a free date change (or at least the flights that I looked into) and I'm still unsure about Student Universe (can anyone confirm?)

Thank you for your time!|||I agree with Mike. Speak to STA. Give them your dates and destination, so they can check the fares. Ask them if they have any open return fares (as youth/student fares are much more flexible), If they don't ask exactly what you asked here - if there are any fares that allow 1 change free of charge (I know you might wonder how is that different form the open return ticket, but ... ) So, yeah - call them
Oh, check this one firs, so you know what other questions to ask
http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xchg/us鈥?/a>|||Quite often, the discounted fare + the fee for changing the date once, is still cheaper than the cost of an open ticket.

Seek professional advice from a human at STA - the internet can't do everything (yet!)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment