Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Prologue
A shadow played across the computer screen. A camera was shifted by a petite hand. It focused on a small blue gray eyed girl. She had long bright blonde hair. it was bleached by the sun. She had it pulled into a messy bun on top of her head. A pale face and pouty lips enveloped the screen. She was beautiful. They way her dark eyes were soft and inviting, but cold and violent at the same time. Her cotton candy lips open to a world of white teeth. She started. Her voice was soft and reedy. "I was seventeen the day my life ended." And so the story of a pocket of survivors began.

Invasion (video blog)
"I was at home, reading. It was noontime. I remember thinking that it was weirdly silent. I just sat there, enthralled with The Great Gatsby. So naive." She shook her head and smiled ruefully. "I walked upstairs to the bathroom I shared with my brother. I wanted to shower. I knocked and knocked. I finally opened the door. The image was surreal. My brother was on the floor, bleeding from his eyes. He didn't have a pulse. I ran to get my mom and dad, tears were streaming down my face. They were dead, too. it was like the worst imaginable nightmare. I ran to every house on the block. I called nine one one. No one answered." Her voice was thick with tears. "Later i found out that i had The Gene. Who knew? Why me?" A tear fell down her cheek. "I ran everywhere. Everywhere. I finally succumbed and ran back to fimiliarity. i packed a bag and food. i was smart enough to grab both the guns and all the shells in my house." She smiled to herself. "I could barely hold them then." She looked away from the screen, sending a questioning look to someone behind it. her face fell but she continued talking. "I grabbed the family car and drove everywhere. i didn't find one like me. i didn't find a survivor. But at that point it didn't matter. I wasn't accepting what happened. i thought i'd wake up and my mom would hand me a plate of pancakes. So, there i was. it was getting dark... I fell asleep in the back of my the car on a cliff overhanging a beautiful ocean veiw. we lived in California. I woke up that night to the loudest sound I'd ever heard. I looked out the door. it was one of their ships. the first shipment. I was so confused. Who were they? What did they want? I had the worst plan to drive over and figure out what was wrong. I got out of the car first. i fell to the ground and screamed. i yelled and creid. I guess that was me accpeting it. i still had no idea what was happening. And then a hand grabbed me. A rough voice whispered, 'come with me,' into my ear. Something sharp poked my back. i got up and ran with the man." her body started rocking with severe sobs. Someone turned the camera off.
Pain and pain management
Life went on as normal that day. After her break down in the cavern she had repositioned an unfortunate individual. She wanted look out duty. She needed to be outside. it was funny, how everyone listened to her here. She was one of the youngest, only twenty three. She didn't laugh anymore. Her face didn't smile as she made her way through the akward canyon system in which they lived. The dry utah wind whipped her face. She was almost to the post. A few more powerful steps and she was there. it was a small hole at the end of a narrow canyon that looked out on the desert below. they had several of these spots around here. Their home was dangerous, but oh so safe at the same time. it was so obvious, no one would look. Ryden had been there once, with her father, before. it used to be zion national park. it was a system of half open half hidden caves, and canyons lining a desolate landscape. There was one major cavern, where the ate, then smaller hidden areas where they slept and lived. She sat on the rock positioned to allow comfortable watching. Her eyes betrayed her. She cried. only one image filled her mind. it was his. The long brown hair, deep chocolate eyes. the toned muscles and soft smiles. His lips on hers, his hands touching hers. then them. them fleeing. the night they found them and they were seperated. she had no choice but to live on. they, the ones who had taken this planet for their own, hag taken him. Another image flashed in her mind. it was one of the invaders. They looked too much like humans. She certainly thought so. they had the same soft faces and lengthy limbs. they had the same eyes and body shapes. they even had the same skin tone. except on their arms. they all had a birthmark of sorts. They all had soft golden patterns slinking up their arms. She watched a tear disrupt the dusty floor. |||i like the images i'm getting, but it has no flow. your sentences are too short when most of them can be combined to make it better. too much start/stop|||i think its really great! I love the way how the beginning prologue was like the movie "The Lovely Bones"

I think it sounds like a really great book!|||really good!!! you are very discriptive!!!! may i ask how old are you?|||not bad|||well there is pretty much no description. I am not painting any picture in my mind when reading this. I need to know more than "they were dead too." How did they look? And you ran everywhere? everywhere in the house? town? USA? Russia?|||I think it sounds great. The words are played as they would be in real life, and you have a way. Your one of the people who can grab a persons attention in a book. Seriously. To tell the truth, i really couldnt stop reading, cause i wanted to know what happened to the girl and all that. Like who BOTH of the guys were. What happened to everyone. All that. Good job!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment