Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am from the mountain west, so I am a little biased. The favorite ones I have been to are:

Yellowstone (all the traditional stuff)
Hiking around and past Jenny's Lake in the Grand Tetons in Wyoming
Hiking to and fishing in Stanley Lake in Idaho's Sawtooth mountain range
Hiking Angel's Landing, The Narrows, and the Subway in Zion National Park in Utah
White water rafting the Grand Canyon, (I have never done it but want to soooo much. I have hiked and ridden the canyon on a mule though)
Hiking to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park, Utah or hiking to Thor's Hammer in Bryce National Park, Utah
White water rafting the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho (also enjoying hot springs, fishing, big game animals, and being in the largest forested wilderness area in the lower 48)
I have heard that the hike to Hidden Lake in Glacier National Park in Montana is amazing and the Going to the Sun road is pretty.

What other quintessential American outdoor experiences are there?
I haven't mentioned anything about the California national parks or anything about Washington state, Alaska, Colorado or the eastern US because I have never been there before. At least I have never been there before on an outdoor trip.

Anyway, list some quintessential outdoor US experiences or your favorites. Thanks|||Kayaking through Everglades National Park has been one of my favorite. It's a different kind of wilderness, but that's what makes our large country unique in all that it offers.
Also, hiking the Appalachian Trail is a big one in the East. It's a months long venture, but an incredible experience.
Waking up to see the fog sitting in the hills in Smoky Mountain National Park is another sight that must be seen.
Also, hiking along First Beach in Olympic National Park in Washington (which I have my heart set on as my next adventure) with the rain forest so close by.. Ugh, I cannot wait!|||not only white water rafting is involved in the grand canyon white water trip, also a gut wrenching up hill 11 hour hike or 14 hour depending if you are going to north or south rim. also hiking up half-dome on yosemite park in amazing.|||Baseball. :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment