Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I will be going to Zion National Park in Utah to hike Angels Landing. I have done some research and i'm aware the hike can be very dangerous if i'm not careful. I'm in good shape and have very strong legs so hiking my way up is not a concerned. My only concerned is the last half mile part of the trails also knows as the knife's edge. I know there are chains to help you climb. I was thinking in using a harness with two carabiners that way I can attached them to the chain and have some extra safety. Would any experience hiker who has done this trail recommend me to do this or I would I be adding more danger to the hike by using a harness?|||This is a very popular trail with lots of traffic, steep it is but easy to hike. The chains are more like a hand rail for the inexperienced hiker to aid them up and down the trail. If you were to be using a harness, rope and carabiners you would be blocking the trail too much as folks move rather quickly through that section. Here is a great link for info on the hike,

http://www.utah.com/nationalparks/zion/a鈥?/a>|||It won't be "very crowded" in September.

Report Abuse

|||A harness with two clip-slings is unlikely to contribute to your safety on the Angels Landing Trail. It is a hike, with chains to hold onto, and steps cut into the rock where needed. It is exposed, and people who are afraid of heights will find it intensely challenging. Others will find it an exciting experience.

It can be crowded, and trying to use a safety system on a hike that is not set up for it will make you extremely slow, making you a danger to others.

Wonderful hike, have a great time!!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment