Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm from Canada, and while perusing google images of any state known for scenery, the most impressive seemed to come from Utah. I guess coming from Canada near the Rockies with winter and green scenery all around me, the cliffs and canyons are freakin amazing in comparison to what I'm use to. I can't seem to find similar scenery anywhere else in the US. For example, just looking at this pic is unreal ... http://www.natureswallpaper.com/wallpapers/angels_landing_zion_national_park_utah-1400x1050.jpg
I would love to go, but I would also like to know other places with amazing scenery in the USA.|||I was seriously about to answer Utah. My husband and I were just there in March (and we actually went to Zion, which is where that picture's from, but we didn't go all the way to the top of Angel's Landing). We only went to the southern part of the state, but it was so different than what we're used to (we used to live in NYC, and now we live in New Jersey). FYI, Utah has plenty of snow in the northern part of the state.

Arizona has some pretty impressive scenery too: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugex鈥?/a> and don't forget about the Grand Canyon (although I personally loved Zion much more than the Grand Canyon).|||Washington, it had temperate rainforest, mountains, deserts, ocean, etc. It is also the cleanest state when considering litter.

Report Abuse

|||I have to agree with you that Utah is a beautiful state. I have been to the Salt Lake City/Northern Utah area 3x and the Southern Utah area (around St. George) once. The northern part of the state is more snowy, while the southern part is more dry. If you like Utah, especially Northern Utah, you will also enjoy Montana and Wyoming.|||The best area for sure is the western US, and Utah is excellent. California is good because it is so long, it has all the elements, beach, mountains, desert.

I think coming from that area of Canada I'd drive down through Montana and Wyoming and into Northern Colorado. Hang a right and into Utah. continue through Nevada and into California. Go north in Cali into Oregon & Washington and head home from there.

It would be a very cool trip and there a lots of camping sites along the route if you like that kind of thing.|||I think New York is good for site seeing like in Times Square and Manhattan. There are a lot other places in New York that you could visit in New York if your into the " city feel". Other than that i think states in the south like Florida, Tennessee, and more would be best for the more natural feeling.|||Colorful Colorado.
http://www.gardenofgods.com/home/index.c鈥?/a>

http://rockymountainnationalpark.com/

http://www.redrocksonline.com/|||Washington
Utah
Arizona
pretty much in that order|||Arkansas cuz its "the natural state"|||Has to be Hawaii.|||i love Vermont. the green mountains are awesome.new hampshire is another one too|||That is hard to answer, because I have found beautiful spots in places most people don't even contemplate. Let's say were are very blessed here in North America with great real estate. Having said that, let me think:

You live near the Canadian Rockies, so I am guessing you might want to see something different, but pretty. I mean you can get the US version of what you have there in Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and even Utah,. etc. Nice places, similar, but the license plates are different. So, as Monty Python would say: now for something completely different.

Try the state of Arizona. You have the higher elevations and mountains in the north--not to mention the Grand Canyon, and in the south you have deserts. The Tucson area down to Sierra Vista is very pretty in a desert sort of way. Same for New Mexico, northern area is more alpine-like, southern more desert-like.

Anyway, a change, but still beautiful.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment