Friday, March 9, 2012

I am considering applying for a FF/rewards credit card. Also, I'm confused by the points/mileage systems...It sounds like a "mile" doesn't really mean a mile, but probably a fraction of one...?|||No, you usually can't use your frequent flyer miles with any company other than that specific airline or their partners. The airline that you are in the frequent flyer program with determines where you can use your miles so you have to read their rules. Go online and see what their promotions are on their web page.

In my program, NW Airlines, I can only use my miles directly through them or their partner airlines, either for an airline ticket or a promotion they are running. I have never been able to redeem my miles through any other source. However, some of their promotions were with other companies, but I still had to go through the airline to redeem it.

I have been on priceline and they don't take frequent flyer miles.

A mile isn't a mile. You are right there. They all have their own idea of what a mile means and how many you need to redeem it. That is also in their specific rules. With NW Airlines, you need a minimum of 21,000 miles to be able to get an airline ticket.

Yes, it's confusing. Hope this helps.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment