Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am just curious to see if it is commonplace to make your way across the pond. If so, where are the hotspots that are common for friends or family to visit?

Whenever I make my way up to San Francisco for the day I always see a lot of British tourists. I see some French and German, but mostly British. Also, I remember as a kid, my family and I went to Zion National Park in Utah and I just remember how many Europeans were there. It seemed like there were more Europeans there than American tourists haha.

Also, if any of you traveled to the US, what did you think of it and where did you go? (first time experiences) I want to know if you guys had a good or bad impression.

When I went to Britain, we traveled up and down the country and traveled up to Scotland and we found the people to be very warm and patient! We couldn't understand them half the time but they didn't get mad (unlike some French in Paris) We didn't run into any anti-americans so it was a pleasant experience. We haven't been back in some time but my family definitely want to return some day :)|||It is not a place everyone goes to but people are not surprised when you say you are going for a visit. The most common spots that people I know have visited are Orlando, FL and New York City.

My first trip to the US was to Austin, TX and I really did enjoy it. The people were very friendly and although it was familiar to some extent it was very different to home. It was very like being in a film especially as the first thing I saw was someone in a stetson carrying a gun. I missed the pavements (sidewalks) and the ability to walk around, driving everywhere was just strange, the supermarkets were very different and the lack of my normal groceries was a little challenging.

I have also travelled to Orlando, South Carolina and Anaheim. All very different and all good in their own way.|||My first visit was in 1980 Huston TX and every year since then now im with my family .
My main states are Orlando/ Miami ,Florida. Boston Ma,New york NY.
people were and still are friendly but due to the color of my hair allot of people talk to me in spanish which i think i have to learn .
Im visiting again in june but allot of bad press is out there about the flu i don't care im coming anyway.|||Less common now because of cost/exchange rate differences, but still a popular destination, yes.

Personally I have been a couple of times in the past, but I have no wish to go again. Personally I prefer north of your border - the culture and approach to life is more in tune with the things that I find great in a place to go. That said several friends of mine have just come back from the States and had a great time.|||New York and Florida is the places where most Brits travel. Others land there and then venture off into the U.S. to wherever they want. But most are Florida and New York. Some California.

Oddly enough, it's where a lot of us Americans vacation too.|||The major holiday destination for British tourists is Florida as so many package deals are available and the weather is almost guaranteed to be good.

As to travelling to the U.S. I first went in the 70's and worked in New York for a week on two separate occasions which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I've also had a holiday in Florida, driving from Miami to Key West and then, after a week, up to West Palm Beach. To be honest, although I enjoyed Key West I found Florida a bit anodyne. The phrase 'Theme Park built on a Swamp' comes to mind.

My favourite trip to the U.S.A. actually began with a week in Vancouver, after which we got a Greyhound bus down to San Francisco - stopping overnight in Portland - and after a week flying to New York for three or four days.

Apart from one unpleasant person in Florida I have always found Americans to be hospitable and friendly be it in the United States or wherever I have encountered them around the world.

I think there is a misapprehension that Americans are unliked whereas it has been the performance of certain American governments over the years that has led to this notion.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment