Saturday, March 3, 2012

I am trying to figure out which trip would better around Memorial Day. My friend and I are planning a week long trip are considering either going to Yellowtone National Park (and the Grand Tetons) or the Grand Canyon (plus Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Las Vegas, Lake Mead, and that areas). Any recomendations.|||With the Grand Canyon plan, you get more variety, with Vegas and Lake Mead. All places listed are fun in there own way.|||Either one would be nice but the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, etc. area will be a bit warmer than Yellowstone. The temps should still be tolerable during the day at this time of year, however.

Another factor will be the number of people in the area. If you don't mind crowds, Vegas and Mead are hopping during these long weekends with people making side trips to Zion and the Grand Canyon. Yellowstone is a bit further from population centers and so might be a little less crowded with long weekend types no wanting or being able to take the trip to Yellowstone.|||That's a hard question. I've been to all of the parks you mention (many times) and personally, if I had to choose, I'd go with Grand Canyon / Zion / Bryce. As an alternative, have you considered Canyonlands / Arches / Mesa Verde / Monument Valley? If you're up to a little hiking, Arches is a must see, otherwise you might want to skip it. What can I say about Mesa Verde - it is unique. There is no other park like Mesa Verde and this year they are celebrating its 100th anniversary.

Yellowstone will definitely be less crowded. It will also be much colder. There may still be large patches of snow on the ground and Yellowstone Lake may still be frozen over. Memorial Day is before the tourist season in Yellowstone begins (usually mid June) so shops may be closed. Dining options may be limited, depending on which corner of the park you're staying in. You might be better off staying in West Yellowstone instead of in the park.

Whatever your choice, I'm sure you'll enjoy the trip. Have a good one!|||Grand Canyon not everyone thinks its a cool place to visit but you would be surprised at what you might see there.|||To me, just being able to go on a 7 day trip sounds wonderful! I can count on one hand the places that I have been. I guess you could consider what type of weather you would want to encounter, and what's the best package deal for the money that you will spend. Enjoy yourself! I wish I was able to even consider going on a vacation, or should I say, to actually go on a vacation!|||Grand Canyon ... much much better than the rest.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment