Friday, February 3, 2012

Help! I want to eat a more natural,unprocessed diet primarily of veggies and fruit. Eggs and seafood are okay too as are nuts, but I don't want to be soaking nuts or sprouting seeds. I want to get my calcium from vegetable sources rather than dairy and I want to cook my food as well rather than blend and eat everything raw. I need some recipes and support for this lifestyle but I don't know where I fit in. The raw recipes don't do it and the macrobiotic ones include soy, which I don't want to eat either. Anyone know what I'm looking for?|||I do not know what you are looking for, but I can tell you that if you were to cut all processed foods (including meat) out of your diet, you will feel a million times healthier as long as you eat right.

I've been a Vegetarian for five years. I lived off of processed imitation meats (two to three meals a day had some form of "meat" in it). After cutting those out of my diet I felt quite a bit healthier. Dropped the dairy and felt even healthier. I'm nearly Vegan now (Vegan in diet, but not quite in lifestyle yet) and feel loads healthier than I have ever felt.

As far as raw foods go, I eat a lot of salads (make my own dressing [Vegenaise, soy milk, and seasonings), smoothies (no milk, just fruits and water), a lot of sandwiches (though the bread has been baked making this not technically raw, but raw, skinless eggplant is great on sandwiches), hummus and veggies, ... That's about it for raw. I also eat a lot of pasta, though not raw.

Best of luck. Make sure you keep up the vitamin B12 levels if you give up meat. If you eat fortified cereal, you should have no problems with that. Hopefully I was at least a little bit helpful. If not, I apologize--Quite tired this morning.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment