Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So I'm going to be in chicago yet again for next weekend. I'm 17. I've done so much. Dont get me wrong, its my favorite city in the world. I just want to do something new. I've gone shopping a million times at the water tower. I've done navy pier, shedd aquarium, soldier field, alder planitarium, field museum, john hancock tower, sears tower(willis tower), hershey factory...blah sooo much already. I want to do something new and exciting. I want to experience a little bit of the nightlife. Something cool...and i dont want to hear "oh your too young." so if thats all your gonna say dont even bother. I'm gay so anything oriented towards the LGBT community would be fun too. Any ideas??|||First of all, get away from the downtown/North Michigan Ave. area. All of the places you mentioned are there, so you need to see the rest of the city for a change. Hit the neighborhoods like Wicker Park, Logan Square, even parts of Lakeview/Wrigleyville. I can't tell if you're male or female, but if you're a gay male, check out North Halsted between Belmont and Addison. It's more geared toward older gay males, but there's a new gay community center that has activities for younger gays. If you're a gay female, go to Andersonville (Clark Street, around Foster Ave.). There are more gay males now there than before, but there is still a large contingent of lesbians who have been hanging out there for years. You could check out a bookstore called Women and Children First, that has a big section geared toward lesbians and holds lots of lesbian readings, poetry open mikes, etc.

As far as your age, yes, that is abig factor in nightlife in Chicago. Bars are out, but there are a lot of decent coffee shops to hang out in, including the Pick Me Up cafe on North Clark Street in Wrigleyville which is open all night. There are a few sketch comedy groups around that have shows that people your age can get into. Pick up a copy of Time Out Chicago magazine when you're here (or check out their website) to see where those places are and how to get there. There's also a coffeeshop in Wicker Park (the hipster neighborhood, for lack of a better name) called Earwax Cafe (gross name, I know) that|||There are some great places to hang out, eat, shop, etc. in North Halsted/Wrigleyville (LGBT neighborhood) and the Wicker Park/Bucktown areas. They are a bit funky/edgy and have places that someone under 17 could be. I'm not an expert on the North Halsted/Wrigleyville area but I have hung out around there and had a lot of fun...I live in Wicker Park and love it. Check out live music at the Double Door. Go on their website and find out if you like any of the artists the will be playing while you are here. There are some LGBT friendly spots in the neighborhood as well. Go to metromix.com.|||Even if you repeat the things you've already done, they're still just as fun. or at least for me. I love the city so much, that just being in its presence is enough, it doesn't really matter what I do.
but check out restaurants you haven't been to. Chicago's known for its good food and local entertainment. Go shopping on michigan avenue. even though you might have been there, the clothes always change, so you might find something you like.

it's chicago, there's ALWAYS something to do:)
god bless the Windy City.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment