Friday, February 24, 2012

I asked a question about a month ago, and wanted to know if the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago was a good place to bring a 16 month old. Actually she would be 17 months by the time we go. We would be taking the train, which is about 2 hours there and back because of all the stops. Almost everyone thought it was a good idea and she would really enjoy it.

Back when i asked the question, i mentioned my dad not wanting my daughter to come along. He knows Chicago really well and i wanted to go with him and his friend. I thought for sure i could change his mind but he's not budging. He says you just don't take "little babies" (his exact words) on trips like that! He says he doesn't want to deal with it. Says he doesn't want to hear her whine and cry on the train and there is no way she will have any idea what is going on at the aquarium. He said he wants to go but not if i bring her. I told him she would be fine, explained how much fun she would have just seeing the fish, etc. and that she loves riding in the stroller. Toys, books, and snacks for the train, just like in the car. He has been out in about with us maybe 3 times EVER. He doesn't know how she is, so i can't understand where this is coming from.

I ended up telling him that she and i are going regardless, but i'd rather he go with us...but he still refuses to go. This makes me extremely upset, i wanted it to be a fun outing that included Papaw. Why is he acting like this? Is it really that bad of an idea? What would you do, go alone with your child or not go at all?|||Good for you, that is an excellent trip for a little one. Your dad sounds like a prick. Your daughter will have a great time. no way in hell would I be going somewhere so child based that my daughter would LOVE without her. I will loan you my daughter's grandpa for the trip...he doesn't know Chicago very well... but he would JUMP at the idea of that trip with my daughter, so you can have him for yours... But you cannot keep him we need him back!|||Well, regardless of how angry and resentful I would feel towards my dad I would try to find a sitter and go without the baby.

He obviously isn't a baby person and I would know that any kind of whining or crying the baby will do he will be urked about. He won't help you in anyway if the baby has a bad day, then you will be stuck with a crying baby and an irritated father. So both of you a favor and just spend the day with your dad.

Maybe some day he will come around, it does suck that he doesn't want to spend more time with his grandbaby|||I would go alone, he's acting worse than any baby would, and btw I go out on the bus, train, etc with my toddler all the time since she was 2 months old, until now that she's 21 months old, and I even have a newborn now, and i still take them out, I know how to keep her entertained and well behaved, and im going to take her to the bronx zoo when it gets warmer out, even though itll be a train, and a hour and a half bus ride, but i know she will enjoy it, so im going for it! and u should too!|||I would go with baby by myself. Tell your dad maybe you guys can all go together in a year or so but you really wish he'd come this time. Ask him what are some things he would like to do with you and your daughter.|||Meh, it sounds like he felt the need to dig his feet in over something, and chose to dig his feet in here just for the sake of digging in. Clearly he's wrong, but if he's otherwise a good grandfather I'd give him a pass on this; go enjoy the aquarium with your daughter, find something else to do with Papaw later, don't make a big deal out of it.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment