Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We went and visited all the grandma's for a little bit. And we really wanted to go to the Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago, but our brakes are bad on the car. We were borrowing my mom's car for the day, so we just went to the fish store! Haha! She had a great time, and we took pictures, like we were at the aquarium. We went out for pancakes for dinner, and snuggled up to sleep when we got home. Today is her party, because I wanted her all to myself on her birthday!

What did you guys do on your child's first birthday?|||Yesterday was my daughter's first birthday too.
We had a smallish birthday party for her; grandparents, uncles, cousins, and a close family friend who had her daughter 3 days before me.
We did a typical finger-food buffet, cake, and presents. We also pulled all the furniture out of the living room because all the kids like to dance and we had about 50 helium balloons on the "dancefloor" so they went crazy.
It was a good time and my daughter had fun, got way too many presents, and slept well.
Happy birthday to your little girl.|||All my kids' first birthdays went down pretty much the same way. For the 2 in April we went to the park was lucky it was nice out for both, had simple foods , and only invited close family. For the one in June we had a cook out just added cake, ice cream, and presents, for the one in November it was extremely small just us and my parents.

I always have felt 1st birthdays should be small and intimate. Babies don't want 200 people they don't know around them, talking to them, holding them, etc. I think big parties for first birthdays are more for the parents than the child.|||Awe. I can't wait for my daughters first birthday.

We're planning on having a princess party! Her actual birthday is on a Thursday but we're throwing it on the Saturday, so we too will have our daughter all to ourselves.

Who knows what we'll do on the Thursday, She's starting to form a personality, but has yet to voice her opinions (which I'm sure there will be many of lol).

Happy Birthday to your little girl!|||I don't have a child but my parents did throw me a little family party with buffet food - Sandwiches, sausage rolls, pasties, crisps, etc and I did have a cake. Personally I have never seen the point in first birthdays, christmas' etc for babies but I guess when I become a mother i'll think differently. Hope you have a good day =)|||Aw happy birthday to her!

My daughter's birthday was January. We didn't do much -- my ex (her daddy) came round for the weekend and we spent time together. Her grandparents popped in briefly but mostly it was just mummy, daddy and babby. We didn't see the point in making a huge fuss seeing as she wouldn't remember.|||Our daughter's first birthday was right after Thanksgiving - so we had a party at our house. It was a great way to get rid of leftovers and family members were already visiting for the holiday so it was convenient. She had a lot of fun.|||My daughter is only 13 weeks old, but for my younger sisters 1st birthday I remember my Mum throwing her a teddy-bears picnic in the park :)
(Her birthday is in July)|||Well our son is only 10 weeks old right now, but he was born two days after Christmas, so we know where we will be for his party. It is our year to go to my parent's house in Florida, so we will probably just have a little family get together there, since he won't really know anything about birthdays yet, and have dinner and a cake. Probably a few presents, nothing major though. However, one thing I KNOW for sure will happen is that my dad will smash my son's hand in the cake. He has always done that on anybody's first birthday when he has been in attendance. So...we will have the cameras ready! It is always funny and a huge mess! :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment