Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am planning to take my parents to Zion National Park in end of Oct./ beginning of Nov. I have read from its website that the shuttle within Zion Park will cease operation on Nov. 2nd and private cars are allowed to drive into the park. My travel date is flexible.

My question is: my parents are over 70 now. So which is better for the trip to Zion Park, take the park shuttle before Nov. 2nd or drive my car to the park after Nov. 3rd.

My feeling is that given my parents' age, it might be more convenient for them to drive my own car into the park (move flexibilty, can carry food/clothes/camera with them easily,etc. ). But i dont know if the traffic can be congested and it is hard to find a parking space, etc. if i drive.

Any suggestions or your experience? Thanks,|||Take the car and drive yourself. I drove myself there from Vegas and stayed in St. George, Utah on the trip. I went in January, so some of the roads were closed in the park but there was enough open to enjoy the place. Much better to drive and go at your own pace. Plus, it might be hard for your parents to get onto the shuttle depending on their health. Zion shouldn't be that busy the beginning of November so better to drive it. Beautiful place. Hope they enjoy the trip.|||I would take your car. you're right about having all your stuff with you. Also as you're driving you will be able to see the sights much better, you can slow down, pull off to the side etc. We took the shuttle and I ended up on an inside seat I'm only 5'2" and the person at the window was taller so I missed a lot. Spectacular time of year to go there. I hope you have a great time. :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment