Friday, February 24, 2012

Its kind of a semi long story...I have a 14 inch Red Belly Pacu, in a SMALL 75 gallon fish tank...I know I know...Its TOO TOO SMALL, and I've been trying to convince my dad to get a 175-300 gallon tank( no lie, I already do all the work with my two other large tanks), and I know the cost, but still...its pains me to see a small tank with a large fish in it. I've been trying to sell him for 1 year...to the shedd aquarium in Chii, but they wont accept it...he's VERY active, and can bang against the walls if you make any sudden movements, Im completely LOST. I dont know what to do, I didnt know what I was getting my self into. To make things worse, its a PAIN to keep up with the mess, in such a concentrated environment, AND my filter is not working properly ( will post up why in another question), Stress stress stress on both of us. Im not trying to sell by any needs, but all im asking is HELP WHAT TO DO. I just want him to go to a better suited home...|||First off, don't use the term "sell" as you'll be lucky to give this fish away for free, the cost of housing it far out weighs how much the actual fish costs.

Next go on this site, if you haven't already, and see if there's anyone vaguely local, or at least a nearby state, that has a tropical pond to house this fish.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com|||this kid in my aquatic science class at school had the same problem. i think they wound up putting him in a nearby pond|||I'm sorry to say this, but you will be very lucky to get someone to take your pacu for free, let alone pay for it. First, I would contact ANY nearby aquarium or zoo and see if they have a place for him. I know sometimes they will take animal donations. I'd imagine it's not an easy process, but you would know your fish was going to a great home. There is also a website called monsterfishrescue.com. They will take your fish, but I know you have to make a donation to cover the cost of caring and rehoming. These guys do excellent stuff--you should check out their YouTube videos and see for yourself. Bert the gourami ftw! Finally, there are forums for monster fish keepers that could probably at least lend you some advice. Best of luck, and I think you are doing a great thing by trying so hard to get this guy a new home! I hope Pacu finds a good one soon! =)|||Yes you have a problem.

No sane person is going to buy a Pacu off you. Best you can hope for is to find someone on Monsterfishkeepers that is crazy enough to adopt it an put it in their 2,000gal indoor pond.

You already know this, but for anyone else reading these answers, DO NOT buy a Pacu.

Ian

火车采集器
  • ameren missouri
  • envy 14 2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment