Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm not vegan (yet - lol), but I do eat a lot of vegan/raw foods, and I want to open a cafe/bakery after I go to culinary school that will sell alot of vegan items (if not all vegan items). BUT I am having problems with getting things to taste right for my family, who are my 'official' tasters ( they don't like the stuff because they know me and they know how I like to make everything healthy so they automatically think it's gross - I know this because I had a friend try some that didn't know and they liked it).

Does anyone have any tried-and-true vegan or raw recipes that other people have been fooled with (or at least tasted and enjoyed)?

For starters I'll need it to not appear to be healthy or bland, because apparently if muffins are tan they're automatically oat-bran muffins even if it was just cinnamon flavoring lol.

Oh and my family has the biggest sweet tooth of any (I'm not included!!! :-p )

Thanks.|||That would be amazing if you opened a vegan-friendy cafe or bakery!

This is my favorite vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time: http://www.compassionatecooks.com/r/cook鈥?/a>

("21/4cups unbleached all-purpose flour" should be 2 and 1/4 cups)

These cookies don't look or taste healthy.... my roommate wanted to know how they could taste so good without eggs or dairy!|||I was visiting in Sarasota FL and came across this raw vegan place called "Veggie Magic" (veggiemagic.com for menu and such). The lady who co-owns the place has a show (webcast) that she does teaching people how to make some raw vegan dishes (superchargeme.com). Maybe this would be helpful. The couple of things that I managed to try while I was in Sarasota were incredible.

I also use the cookie recipe above and it is awesome! I add a bit of soymilk to mine (around a 1/2 cup) and only 1cup dark choc. chips instead of 2 cups.

Also, the cook book Vegan with a Vengance is awesome and has some deserts (several kinds of muffins), and the rest of the food is amazing too. Iza, the writer of that also made another cookbook with a friend of hers called Veganomicon that is also supposed to be really good but I haven't bought it yet, so I can't say for myself.|||There are loads of dessert raw vegan recipes on these sites:

http://www.living-foods.com/recipes

http://goneraw.com

Scroll down page or search to view.

Best raw dessert I have ever had, was a raw pumpkin pie.

.|||first HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
no i havent tried.....there are so many tasty recipes for veggies

火车采集器
  • pocket bikes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment