Friday, February 3, 2012

1.What are some good homemade dog food recipes that you recommend? (no raw recipe suggestions please)

I'm not able to make them homemade food right now due to our situation, but I want to in the future (two small elderly dogs)

I'll also be purchasing a mastiff puppy in the (way) future and wanted to start him off on homemade food as well.




2. Has anyone tried Nu vet supplements? both the multivitamin and joint supplement? if so, how does your pet like it? do you think it's beneficial?|||It's extremely difficult to prepare a well balanced home cooked diet. Nutrients that are in raw food are cooked out and may not be replaced with supplements as they are in commercial kibble or canned food. Most people don't provide enough variety to make sure all nutritional needs are met. This is important in elderly small dogs but it's of huge significance in a giant breed puppy like a Mastiff. Too many calories or the improper calcium:phosphorus ratio can cause irreparable bone and joint damage. It can be done, but I personally wouldn't attempt it without the guidance of an expert in canine nutrition. A joint support supplement with ingredients like glucosamine, chondroitin, and vitamin c is fine. Anything with calcium or bone meal is a major no no.|||I make a homemade diet for my dogs. Here's a video that shows the recipe I use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9YQLVvVb6I

Even though it contains raw meat, the meat can be cooked in this diet as well. By adding the whole food supplements after the food is cool, you are adding vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, digestive enzymes and probiotics...etc. into the food.

Raw would be better but a cooked homemade diet plus whole food supplements is still much better than "pet food grade" foods. Remember, there is a difference between human grade food and pet grade food.

I love the Dinovite supplements for my senior dogs. The ones I use in their food are the ones in the video. Dinovite is a great overall supplement that includes things for healthy joints and LickOchops is great joint anti inflammatory. I used to use these with my dog's food, which was Blue BUffalo Wilderness and it worked well...before I started making their food.|||Try this source you may find it acceptable.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment