Friday, February 3, 2012

I want to start the raw diet in April. I've read Victoria Boutenko's book, and I have a couple of raw recipe books.
I have a few questions:
-Is it impossible without a dehydrator?
-What is a simple breakfast/lunch/dinner plan?
-Where is the carbohydrate source?

Thanks in advance!|||It isn't impossible without a dehydrator, but it's a whole lot easier with one. Get a copy of Jennifer Cornbleet's book "Raw Food Made Easy For 1 or 2 People." The recipes don't require specialty equipment.

I usually start the day with a smoothie. (Frozen bananas, fresh OJ, agave nectar) Frozen bananas are great to have on hand, because when you put them through a juicer or a grinder, it's just like soft serve ice cream.
Lunch might be cashew ranch dip and veggies, or flax seed tostadas, with guacamole.
Dinner might be nut burgers on onion bread, stuffed peppers, or lettuce wraps with Thai sauce.

For a quick snack I usually grab a LaraBar and a coconut water.

Fruits, vegetables and nuts are all carbohydrate sources.

I've been raw for five years.

edit: Dehydrators don't have to be expensive- Mine is a Nesco/American Harvest, and it was only about $50. You can find them cheap on eBay.|||1: I don't use a dehydrator, I've been raw for 4 months. But you may want a blender! Raw smoothies are so good!

2: Breakfast, smoothie of what ever fruits (mostly berries, bananas, mangos), Lunch could be a small salad with a fruit (Banana, apple, mango, cantalope chunks, pieces of water melon, ect, ect), And dinner is usually a giant salad for me. Or raw beans mixed with mushrooms.

3: EVERY fruit is pretty much loaded with all the carbs you need for a day. Google the calories in what ever fruit you want, it should give you a nutrition label for it. Then you'll see it has at least 19g per serving of the good, natural carbs you need.|||make yourself vegetable juices for breakfast and lunch and eat a good dinner

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment