Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm on a bit of a limited budget, and I can't seem to find out if there is a large taste difference between the cooked Eggnog, or the raw egg recipe, So far every time I prepare nog I use the cooking recipe and it always has that hint of scrambled egg taste to it. I Hope the raw recipe is worth the health risk. Has anyone prepared it both ways and if so please tell me your opinion on which I should use. And I know the risk so you don't have to tell me.|||You know you can buy pasturized eggs that would reduce or eliminate the risk of salmonella from the eggs. That being said, most cases of salmonella actually result from cross contamination or improper storage of food in restaurants or catered events as opposed to preparing food at home. I have known a number of people who consume raw eggs in egg nog, or just raw in a breakfast drink that have never gotten sick from it. Every one I know who ever got food poisoning, got it from eating out. My mom even got it from eating at the hospital she worked at. You can try it uncooked. I personally prefer the eggnog you buy already made at the store.|||Can't help you out, but I can't resist a comment, not meant in an uncool way:

It's always interested me that people would find either concoction palatable. It is easily the strangest concoction in Western cooking.|||raw eggs in a mix has no health risk
Think mayonnaise
but I have had egg nog that was heated warm not hot.
Please search the "Questions" for recipes
I have two bartenders bibles and there are about 10 excellent drinks

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment