Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm 16 and new at vegetarianism. I'm changing over from any omnivore diet to a plant-based one because I want to have a good, healthy, and long life. Looking for some good books, tips, and tidbits anyone has to offer. If you suggest any recipes that's great, but preferably raw recipes (think the Boutenko Family). Vegetarian substitutes would be VERY much appreciated also!! :)
BTW if your just clicking on my question to hate and talk smack, don't even bother answering. But if you still do answer anyways, I'll probably have a good laugh reading your answers :P ;)|||Go to Whole Foods, they have a lot of vegetarian and vegan foods. I love to eat soy and tofu meats for protein, I love to cook a lot veggies and make stir fry's. Make sure you eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I make super easy fajitas that you should try! Prep time is 15 minutes!

Ingredients:
One Package of Lightlife Smart Strips (Steak Style)
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cup of frozen bell pepper strips
One fresh organic lemon
1 tablespoon of Lemon Pepper Spice
Corn or Flour Tortillas of your choice (for the wrap)

1. In a skillet cook the soy steak strips in olive oil till medium brown.
2. Add the frozen bell pepper along with the Lemon Pepper seasoning.
3. Cut the lemon and squeeze the juice all over everything and continue cooking for five minutes.
4.Warm up your tortillas.
5.Add the fajitas into the tortilla and wrap it up.
6. Enjoy!|||Veggie burgers and substitution meat is a good way to stick with it. It tastes good too. :)
I was a vegetarian for four years but I went back last year.. not sure why. haha.
but make sure you eat things that make up for meat. lots of protein.|||First off, don't eat meat. Secondly, stay away from Chicken, Beef, and Pork. Finally, try to avoid Bacon and hot dogs, good luck|||Baked tofu .

It's saved me, I love it, I adore it. You can eat it straight from the pack, no cooking, just chewy, dense thick slab of tofu.
Baked tofu is pressed down hard when it's made- with spices, so you end up with thick, very chewy dense slabs of baked tofu.It is not like the horrible white rubbery soft stuff in those watery tubs in the american supermarkets. I would look for your nearest big Thai or Chinese supermakret and buy lots of stuff there.

I also get fresh tofu- it's like bread, rich, thick, and dry and pulls apart like french bread. It's so good and tastes nutty, mild and creamy.

I do't really eat those soydogs or patties- not because they're not nice, I just can't be bothered getting them, there's enough good nutrition in lentils, fava beans ( which I ADORE.....omg) and legumes.

I love fava beans, and lentils anc chickpeas especially. I'm lucky, because I love them, sinmple as that, you can eat them raw too, with enough soaking ( up to two weeks I do) lentils and chickpeas end up soft and smooth and creamy. I usually have a few pots soaking in the fridge, and I eat them raw.

LEgumes, soy and a good selection of fruit and veg- nuts too. Just be normal and eat good colourful food- the range of colours will keep you healthy, beets, spinach, peas, yams, sweet potatoes, corn, tomtoes, peaches etc.
Nuts peanut butter, lentils, wholewheat bread, granola, honey soymilk, cheese.|||vegetarians, for the win! i am one to (: i've tampered around with many organic substitutes with a bit of success. Boka Burgers are 100% vegan veggie burgers that are DELICIOUS! the first time i tried one, i had to refer to the box to make sure it was meat free! i reccomend the grilled veggie ones, just saying(: we also have the organic foods. no, this isn't strictly vegetarian food, but soy milk isn't only a good source of nutrients, but it's tasty(: we have the option of tofu, various cultural dishes, and every pasta you can name. our options aren't as limited as we vegetarians see them as. go online and surf through a few websites about vegetarian foods. a few key words to help you on google would be, "healthy, yummy, vegetarian, easy, delicious, vegan."
one of the better sites: http://www.yummyvegetarianrecipes.com/

remember, there is a difference between a 'vegetarian' and a 'carb-o-tarian.' a varied, healthy diet is BEYOND essential.
best of luck!

火车采集器
  • pick a part
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment