Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm a 15 yr. old girl, I'm healthy, overall, and I've gone raw vegan (no cooked food, and no animal food products whatsoever, including eggs and dairy). I usually have 2 meals a day, and eat 2 fruits and 2 tbs of grounded flaxseed + 1/2 tsp of cinnamon for breakfast, and vegetables for dinner. However, lately, I just don't feel like eating much anymore. I enjoy the taste of the food that I eat and everything, I also like making different raw recipes, but, my it seems I've lost interest in food. I was even considering going on a water fast for 3 days, but I'm not too sure.

Is there something wrong with me?|||It sounds like you may not be eating enough food, actually. Your body may be communicating this in a backward kind of loss-of-appetite way. Your metabolism may be slowing down, which can lead to various health problems including low energy, and ironically, even long term weight gain! At the age of 15, you need to make sure you get more food, more calories, and more protein for your body to finish developing. You should also eat more frequently. Twice a day is not ideal. Try adding a salad that includes nuts or seeds for lunch or a snack.

A raw vegan diet can be extremely healthy! But you do need to have a good, diverse base of different kinds of foods. It is great that you are eating fruits, veg, and flax seeds. Flax is wonderful, but it should not be the only seed you eat. I don't eat flax every day - I try to mix it up with other nuts and seeds. Chia seed also has a LOT of Omega-3's, for example, while it is still low in total fat and high in protein.

I love sprouted sunflower seeds. Soak a cup of seeds overnight in filtered water. In the morning, drain, rinse, and drain them and let them air dry while you're at school, then rinse and drain them again in the afternoon. If there are a lot of seed casings coming off in the water, you can pick them out, but you don't have to. Do the rinsing and draining every 8 or 12 hours for a day or two and you'll get little tails. If you live somewhere hot or go more than two days, do it in the fridge to prevent a weird color and off taste.

Sprouting seeds improves the amino acid balance, reduces the fat, and most important, it makes the protein more accessible for your body! Soaking removes enzyme inhibitors that prevent you from absorbing all the wonderful nutrition in the seeds.

Have you been eating enough nuts and seeds? Soaked almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and lots of other nuts and seeds all have important things to contribute to a healthy vegan diet.

Have you tried sprouting pseudo-grains such as quinoa and buckwheat? These seeds (which we often think of as grains but they aren't) are absolutely packed with nutrition. High in protein, minerals, and fiber, and low in fats, they are a fantastic addition to your diet.

(FYI, I try to eat mostly raw, but I don't stick to 100%. I'm more like 70-80% raw, on average. I do eat some cooked foods, especially when travelling and moving. The more settled I am, the more raw I am!)|||I agree with Mary. At your age you need to have all the essential nutrients that you can get. I suggest you seek the advice of a dietitian to put you on an everyday raw menu healthy diet.
Mazat Lan
http://howtoexpo.com|||doesn't seem like it yet but if it gets worse id talk to somebody too be safe..

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment