Friday, February 3, 2012

I am new to the whole raw food scene and want to start making raw recipes. A lot of them call for a dehydrator, so I what to know what it is and where I can buy one! Can anybody help me out?|||Many years ago my father build his own. It was great. He said that by the time he made it, it may have been cheaper to just purchase one already build, but I could see that the quality was far superior to the store bought ones. If you want to, you can find such books in the library. I even found one in the library totally dedicated to solar dehydrators, since you'll be doing most of your dehydrating in the summer months, right? When things are in season, fresh, and cheaper. If I was going to buy a store bought one, I'd get a stainless steel one. Those plastic ones really suck and are not designed to last. My dad's was made from plywood, fan, heater, and drawers with stainless mesh frames. Pretty simple to make by yourself and you can take pride in your work and customize it to your needs too. I'm sure there are kits out there if you don't want to source your fan and heater yourlself.|||A dehydrator dries out foods for better storage, like dried fruit and jerky. I got mine at wal mart for $30. They are awesome.|||you can get them in walmart and kmart for about 40 bucks. I was lucky enough to find mine at thrift store for 5 bucks! lol
I use mine all of the time-I make yummy raw food bars, fruit leathers, dried veggies, etc. Google it and you will find tons of info. Congrats on going raw-I love it! Kitchen Crop sprouter is a handy gadget to have too....self watering sprouter, super easy, nice fresh sprouts in 2 days.|||Dang if i know|||A dehydrator dries out fruits and veggies, kind of like the process used to make beef jerky.

Try a specialty cooking supplies store.|||dehydrator is something that dries out the food to preserve it longer....Kmart walmart online anywhere that sells kitchen supplies...

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment