Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How long would you estimate to see both of these museums? Would it cut out a lot of time if I skipped the stuffed animals at the Field Museum and just looked at the cultural exhibits (or are the stuffed animals worth it?)

I really don't think I'll have enough time to visit both, so I would like to know which you recommend and why.

I've looked at the websites of both places and of course, they both look interesting. Internet reviews rave about both, too. The Field Museum website is surprisingly not very engaging, but reading on other sites makes it seem really worthwhile (they should really rethink their webpage!). The aquarium website is enough to make it look interesting, and the reviews are in favor...

Which would you visit if you had to recommend one for someone who has never been to either before?|||I would definitely see the Field Museum over the Shedd Aquarium. My favorites are the gem room, the Egyptian exhibits, the dinosaur, the native American exhibits. So much more to see, and so varied. Children really enjoy the Aquarium, though, and it's built with hallways like a daisy, which makes it easy to keep track of them, and they feel as if they are exploring on their own.|||Shedd Aquarium is definetelly more interesting, i would start off with Shedd Aquarium right off in the morning and Field Museum is more of just displays and stuff so its way quicker to get thru it
have fun and remember there are days when you can attend both for free. check their websites
-sunny|||Shedd aquarium. They have dolphin shows, and actual fish and animals in tanks. I agree with the person who said that the Field Museum is just exhibits. I have been there before, and it isint that fun. I would prefer the Shedd Aquarium.

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/

-Kyle|||It's never taken me more than two hours to go through the Shedd. I find it infinitely more interesting than the Field Museum, which I went to 6 years ago and haven't been back since. I recommend doing the Shedd first, but you should definitely have time to visit the Field Museum as well if you get there in the morning. You probably already realize this, but they're literally across the street from one another in the museum campus. The Adler Planetarium is there, too, if you are interested in that, though I've never been and can't say if it's interesting or not.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment