Tuesday, February 14, 2012

hello everyone

my family (me, my bf, and my 3 daughters ages 10,7,and 6) will be traveling to chicago this coming July!! we are going b/c my oldest daughter has a national cheer competition in grand rapids, MI which is only 3 hours away and my bf's family lives in chicago.

my youngest daughter will be turning 7 while we are there so I have a birthday lunch planned for her at 2:30pm on thursday at the american girl store. we are only going there to eat then I'm letting the girls each pick an outift and my daughter is getting her doll (she already knows which one she wants). I don't think it will take more than 1-2 hours.

my question is-can we do Shedd aquarium (getting there when it opens or shortly after) then going to the AG store afterwards? the doll store is open until 9pm so that gives us a little time.

so my plan is to take the train in from geneva to chicago (leave geneva at 7:30a, will arrive in chicago at 8:23a per the train agent) then walk through Shedd-estimating this will take about 3 hours. this will give us 2 hours to get the AG store in time for lunch. if we get there early enough, the girls can buy their stuff prior to lunch.

thoughts?!!|||You have a good plan. It is a good idea to purchase tix b/4 coming to the aquarium:

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/ticketprice鈥?/a>

From there to AG is a 3 mile walk with about 1/2 in Grant and Millenium Parks...a great attraction with food available at the Park Grill. See below:

http://www.chicagotraveler.com/chicago_m鈥?/a>

I would take a taxi or CTA bus from the park to AG...not a walk through the park but on congested Michigan AV...your call.

Your trip from Union Station to Shedd Aquarium is also a trip in a cab or bus.

Go to the following site for routes and fares:

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/|||Make sure you have reservation for lunch at AG. That is one heck of a long day for the kids. I would plan on taking a taxi to the AG store. But you do have enough time to do both.
I would go on the Shedd's web site and check tickets. You can get them ahead of time.|||You can do this, however, the AG store is a ways away fron Shedd. Better figure some travel time between the Shedd and AG. Sounda like a fun day. Enjoy.|||I went with my little cousins to American Girl place a few years back, and wow. It's overwhelming.
We had spent the night in the city before, so we ate breakfast and walked around downtown a little bit.
We spent hours at the AG store. There's actually a lot to do there besides eating and shopping. But I don't know how much has changed, I haven't been there in five years.
I would maybe do the Shedd Aquarium on a different day. Doing both would be exhausting.|||Well as far as adults go this timetable is doable but with three kids in tow it may be a little close to the bone....Walking from the train station to Shedd Aquarium is quite a long walk especially with kids in tow...They will get tired and they will not walk very fast either....Now if all the ommuting in and around Chcago is being done by taxi then go for it....The Shedd will be quite expensive so be rpepared...There are seperate fees to get into the main aquarium/then another fee for theLiving reef and then a seperate one for theWhalarium....It adds up real fast..real fast .....The walk fomr there to AG is long with kids in tow....taxi is the way to go

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment