Friday, February 3, 2012

1. Why in most raw dessert recipes is carob usually used instead of chocolate? For instance Fudge made with carob instead- is carob considered more "raw" or processed differently so considered more healthy?
2. Is a dehydrator absolutly necessary or is there another way to dry out food?
3. Any recipe books with easy raw recipes that you would recommend? I am finding raw recipes a bit complicated!
Thanks!|||Its all a matter of how raw you want to keep things. When I first went raw years ago, I obsessed over every little thing, such as condiments like vinegar, olive oil, etc. which had been processed, making them no longer raw. I decided not to be so extreme. and now eat about 80 percent raw, 20 percent lightly cooked or processed. Its much easier to follow this way. The reason carob is used as opposed to cocoa, is cocoa is processed at a high temp, making it not officially raw. I now use cocoa, as I enjoy the flavor better than carob. I dont think carrying it to the extreme is necessary. A food dehydrator is helpful, and can usually be found in thrift shops for just a few dollars, but you can use the lowest setting on your oven and a cake rack for similar results. The key is to not heat anything over 110 degrees, or that starts to break down the enzymes in food, which is what raw is all about. As for the recipes, they are fun at first, but if you stick to it, eventually you will likely find that whole foods, eaten just the way they came from the earth is the simplest, and best. I love raw radish a cucumber for breakfast, a salad of raw veggies, nuts, and seeds for lunch (I often add bean thread noodles-not raw, but great texture and taste) and a simple raw or lightly steamed veggie platter for dinner. I think its easier to go less rigid, and continue to enjoy some non raw foods, especially during the transition phase. Its all a matter of personal choice, and no hard and fast rules need to be followed. I enjoy it much more when I dont try to keep it at 100 percent-I see no point in "all or nothing" thinking about it. If I want a cooked item, I enjoy it and dont worry about it. I know that the enzymes I get from the other raw stuff helps digest the cooked stuff, so its all in moderation. Good luck! Hope this helps.|||I have books :
eating in the raw by carol alt
raw food made easy by jennifer cornbleet
living in the raw by rose lee calabro
They are so helpful------carob is raw form thats why dogs can eat it as well. Yes it is processed differently.
The dehydrator yes very if you get the books you'll see how what your nessecary items for the kitchen.|||1) I am doing RAW it's my summer project. I am luving it. I feel fab, lots of energy.
2) Yes use Cocoa powder instead of Carob. Raw Cocoa Powder is wonderful but we are having trouble getting it. Recipes turn of great with just using Organic Cocoa.
3) I have not invested in a Dehydrator yet. So I am using recieps that don't need it. If your oven goes low enough 115F or less you can use it, mine does not.
4) The simplest Uncook Book with really the best recipes in ~ Raw Made Easy (for 1 or 2 people) by Jennifer Cornbleet. Here is her website too:
http://www.learnrawfood.com/
2nd Book I like is~ Eating In The RAW, by Carol Alt.
5) If going RAW do Green Smoothies, they really help with the transistion. http://www.emaxhealth.com/14/1182.html

Uncooking is a learning expericence just like learnig to cook. The curve is pretty quick though. Jump in the water is fine.
Slaint茅(to your health)|||I'm a raw fruitarian.
1) I don't eat either, it's to heavy tasting to me, I eat fruit smoothies, dry mangos, or fresh juice as snacks.
2) no, I don't own one, u can buy some dehydrated food, but I mostly don't eat them, its better to eat the stuff fresh, trust me, u will also lose more weight that way if that's what ur going for.
3) as for recipes, I make them up myself, books were so hard to follow with ingrediants I don't like, such as Bragg's liquid aminos, TVP, carob, dates, etc. are used in just about every recipe. the books also include a bunch of simple (common sence type) salads, like if we are that stupid... I also eat a few veggies, but I like to make kimchi (which is a korean spicy fermented vegetable dish) and eat it with some spinach and sliced cucumbers all mixed togther (jus email me, & I'll tell u how to make it).

eating simple fresh food will do u the most good, but if u want to find somthing special, try looking it up on the internet, not a book, y waste ur $ like that... try : www.rawfoods.com & click on the recipe section.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment